Lochearnhead Locals Sloe Gin Recipe
- Freeze sloes first so that they open
- Buy inexpensive gin and whisky (Not Malt).
- Pour alcohol into bottles until they are a third full.
- Add Sloe Berries to each bottle
- Add a third of castor sugar to make up the final third
- Fill to the top and screw the lid back on tightly
- Give each bottle a good shake then lie them on their side
- Shake them every day for a week
- Shake once a week until the sugar has dissolved
- The Gin and whisky will turn a lovely pinky red colour
- Drink after 3-6 months or leave longer if you can.
I like to experiment and have made blackcurrant Gin and Vodka as well as Rose Hip vodka using berries from the garden. I don't advise bramble white rum after trying it. Turned out like rocket fuel......maybe not even that nice!